Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

I have a lap top which shows that I am connected to the wi

Customer Question

I have a lap top which shows that I am connected to the wi fi but it does not show a connection on the page
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 8 months ago.
Try removing the network and the reconnect.Follow these steps please. Step 1Click the Apple menu then select System Preferences. Step 2When the System Preferences screen appears, please go to Internet &Wireless section and click Network. Step 3Under Network screen, please select Airport/WI-FI, and then click Advanced. Step 4Under the Airport tab, select the curent wifi connected network which you want to remove and click on button “-”. Then clickOK. Then reboot the computer. Step 5Go back to Network page to select the network you want to reconnect by double clicking the network name. Then type in the wireless password ***** click on OK.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did all that and still don't get a start page. The blue line goes to half the words wwwapple etc.. and doesn't move
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is that plus the $30. ? So it's $56. ?
try this next please>make sure the problem isn’t restricted to just one website, try visiting another such as Google.com.Then if that fails Use Network DiagnosticsCertain types of network problems may cause your browser to display a Network Diagnostics button. To do this, choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Network. Click Assist me, and then click Diagnostics.)The Network Diagnostics utility will guide you through a series of questions and tests.