Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

Do you have available link layer discovery technology IO Mapper

Customer Question

do you have available link layer discovery technology IO Mapper driver install files for XP
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: upgrading a network of XP machines to Win 7. Now have multiple Win 7 wifi machines. The Win 7 wifi machines don't see the XP machines without LLDT. I have added LLDT Responder to the XP machines. Have not been able to find the Mapper.
JA: Networking issues can get really frustrating, but I know just the Network Technician to help you. Anything else I can tell the Network Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,Link-Layer Topology Discovery must be enabled in the NIC properties.Therefore it depends on what network cards you have installed on the PCs, and what drivers you have installed for those cards. If they are the Win 7 drivers then they will have the LLDT option.