Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

How do I set up a PLUG-IN Wi-Fi Range EXTENDER on a iMac10.1?

Customer Question

How do I set up a PLUG-IN Wi-Fi Range EXTENDER on a iMac10.1? (BELKIN PLUG IN / LINKSYS Router
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact model of your Belkin wi-fi range extender, such as F9K1106v1? Is it new or was it working previously?What's the model of your Linksys router? Is the Linksys router currently working fine?Do you know your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key, if any?Do you have the instructions for the Belkin extender? If yes, which step are you stuck at?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Belkin extender model #: F9K1122V1
Linskys model #: E2500-NP & it is working just fine
the "instructions" for the extender were @ //Belkin.range & the wanted to know what version of "windows" I was running! (That, by the way; was the FIRST "step") Apple does not have windows! (there were no other options!)
I have a "laptop" that has windows but it "isn't on the internet" because it doesn't work very well! (I only use it as a word processor) (expensive typewriter)! :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forgot: the router password ***** is: FUCodySnart
Thank you. Please try the following steps:Solution #1: Set up the extender with wired method:If your iMac computer is wireless, then click on the Wi-Fi / wireless signal icon at the top, then turn off Wi-Fi for now.Connect an Ethernet / network cable from the extender to the iMac computer for now.Connect the Belkin extender to power, and wait a couple of minutes.Click on the website below:http://Belkin.rangeFollow the instructions on the the website in order to set up the extender.; (if your iMac computer is wireless, you can turn Wi-Fi back on after the setup is finished.)Solution #2: Set up the extender with wireless method:- If the first solution does not work for you, then you can try the steps below if your iMac computer has wi-fi / wireless feature:Connect Belkin extender to power, and wait a couple of minutes.Make sure there is not an Ethernet / network cable connected to the iMac computer.Click on the Wi-Fi / wireless signal at the top, then select / connect to the wireless network name called Belkin.setup.Click on the website below:http://Belkin.rangeFollow the instructions on the the website in order to set up the extender.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.