Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I have a brand new Vizio P55-c1 and have been unable to link

Customer Question

I have a brand new Vizio P55-c1 and have been unable to link it to my wi-fi router. I uploaded the latest firmware successfully but that did not resolve the issue.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhat is the make and model of your wifi router? And what error do you get when it fails to connect?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a 3 year old WD router connected to Comcast. I don't know the model. The error I receive on the tablet used to control the cast function is "Error" "Unable to Connect".
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, you are now mentioning a tablet and mirroring....Is the problem connecting TV to wifi or its connected and your trying to mirror?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Connecting TV to WiFi. The tablet functions are fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, I am not sure then why you told me about errors on the Tablet...I want to know please the error you receive on the TV when you try to connect it to the wifi network
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is no error message on the TV. Are you familiar with the method Vizio uses to link its SmartTV app from a tablet to its display? The error messages all appear on the tablet. The tablet is also connected via WiFi through my router, however, the tablet is connected to the TV via Bluetooth. The tablet controls all of the functions of the TV. The IR remote that came with the TV only controls on/off; source; aspect ratio; volume up/down and channel up/down.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Sorry but I am just not getting clear information here Jim. Initially your unable to link to wifi, then its with your Tablet your getting an error, I asked to clarify and you indicate TV to wifi again and now back to the Tablet.Sorry but in this manner I am not going to be able to proceed with you on this as its not clear what your issue is, even after a few attempts for clarification. You do not need to do anything, if another expert takes over your case you will be notifiedThanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is clear that you know nothing about the Vizio SmartCast system and I'm surprised that you took the question.
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jim! My name is***** looks like you've had a sub-optimal experience with us so far, and I apologize for that. I think I can help.The tablet that you have -- is it the XR6P10 model that came with your TV? ...or are you using another tablet with the SmartCast app installed?Also, just to rule out the "simple" stuff out of the gate, have you already rebooted your wireless router?Please let me know the answers to the above at your convenience, and we'll continue working to resolve this problem for you.