Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Networking

I am being told to call *********** and that my computer has

Customer Question

I am being told to call *********** and that my computer has been locked due to security. Is this a scam?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Yes, that is a SCAM message. Follow the steps below to fix the issue. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time for 10 seconds or until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let your iPad boot. Then without opening Safari, open Settings app, select Safari. Tap Clear History and Website data button. Press home button to close that screen. That should remove the scam message. You can now open Safari without getting that message. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?