Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

The passwords I have, Wireless Password ***** and Router Password

Customer Question

The passwords I have, Wireless Password ***** and Router Password ***** not allow me to connect to my Wi-Fi network.
How can I connect.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 10 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?Do you know how to check / confirm your wi-fi / wireless password?What's the model of your internet modem / router?Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Linkseys WRT1900AC, No, Toshiba Crome Book
Can you please check at the back / bottom of your toshiba chromebook for the model of it?Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Toshiba C835, Windows
Thank you. Besides the Toshiba laptop, do you also have another computer? If yes, does it have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 or or Mac?
By the way, do you mean the Toshiba model is C835 or CB35 (number 8 version letter B)?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Windows 10Sorry CB35
That's okay. What's the brand / model of your Windows 10 computer? Is it a laptop or desktop? Is the Internet currently working on the Windows 10 computer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HP Pavilion dv7-4190us Laptop Yes
To confirm, you need to find out your correct wi-fi / wireless password *****?Is the HP laptop wireless? Or is the HP laptop connected to the Linksys router with a cable?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
YesConnected with cable
Thank you. Did you try the default password (if you know the default password) for the linksys router?Also, what's the error or message when using your wi-fi / wireless password?Please let me know. Thank you.
Can you please try this first method:- On the HP Pavilion dv7-4190us laptop, go to the website below:http://192.168.1.1, then it should prompt for username/password, then enter admin for the username and also enter admin for the password ***** see if you can log in. Then check the wireless / wireless security option there for the password ***** key / passphrase (it is case-sensitive.)Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do not know default password.
All I have is Router WRT 1900 Ac, Wireless Network Linkseys 10717, Wireless Password (SSID)4tty1hcv0i, & Router Password ***** G72
Solution #2:- Check at the back / bottom of your Linksys router for the wireless password ***** key / passphrase (it is case-sensitive.)Solution #3:- If that still does not work, press and hold the tiny Reset button at the back of your router for about 12 seconds, then wait a bit, then on the HP windows 10 laptop, go to the website below:http://192.168.1.1; (if needed, try the website http://linksyssmartwifi.com/), then follow the instructions there in order to set up your router and wireless settings.When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.