Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I cannot get my amazon echo says go to my setting on my sa

Customer Question

i cannot get my amazon echo says go to my setting on my samsung galaxy and disable auto network ...there is no such setting
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
some girl alraedy answered and her brilliant response was "Call Amazon Devices Technical Support"..I would have done that hours ago but they do not have a customer service phone number, they answer your question pulling up a list of possible solutions,nothing that even comes close to what I'm experiencing
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Never used Echo, but I imagine its like any other Bluetooth device, does it show up underbluetooth devices?
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
You need to download the app....go to playstore and search for Amazon Echo, then open the app and go through the set up.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Make sure your android is 4.0 or higher....
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tim....sorry your so way off track on this's not uses the wi-fi signal in your home and the password ***** your router
2. Don't charge people good money when they've already done the obvious,my phone Samsung Galaxy4 has all the requirement and already has the app which Alexa knows that your phone has it and downloads it.
3. .Amazon does NOT have an Amazon device tech support call center or phone should have known that...they offer up a list of solutions not even remotely related to the problem your having.
4. do you really think youre getting paid for your lame solution/response? I will call customer care in the am and my bank
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
First off, i was not sure on the bluetooh, like i said above, its via an app, so i'm sorry for that. Secondly, its NOT obvious customers have done any leg work, we usually have to ask them. Secondly, I never said amazon had a 800 number. I'm going to Opt out. You can call Justanswers customer support # *****(###) ###-#### ***** luck.
Customer: replied 6 months ago. should have opted out when you found out it was an Amazon Echo,something you have NO experience with..the leg work is already done as far as the app goes, the customer doesn't have to do ANYTHING! it's the start-up and network settings I'm having trouble with. Stick with what you know..You can not possibly even think your getting paid when this transcript is viewed! my grandmother had better advice than you did. next time use an expert.
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Theodore: My name is ***** ***** like you've had a suboptimal experience here so far, but I'm pretty familiar with the Echo if you wanted to give things another shot?As far as the Wi-Fi password ***** it's *possible* that it was saved to Amazon at some point by a Kindle device (if you have one, or even a previous Echo device). In such a case, you wouldn't be re-prompted to enter it during this setup. Can you tell me -- inside the Alexa app, is your Echo showing up right now, or is the setup even getting that far?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes..i get to the part where it even has my routers name and says connected but it doesn't let me get further than that because i have no "disabled the auto network" and it shows a pic of it in the settings page where the wi-fi and bluetoooth,parts are located..ive looked at 6 other peoples Samsung Galaxy phones and they dont see or have it on it either..i know it knows my password ***** IP address ,it popped up and had all the correct's this thats confusing me and now i tried to tap on the alexa app and it took me to a different site..i had to sign in using my amazon e-mail and then it says 'please wait' ive been waiting for 20 minutes...nothings happening
Gotcha! Thanks for the additional information.I'm sure the setting is hidden in there, but Samsung has moved it around (and renamed it) with each successive release of Android -- so it might be located in one of a few places and named one of a couple different things.First off, what you're looking for: it may be called "Auto network switch," but it might also be called "Smart network switch."As far as where to find is usually accessible by going to SETTINGS, then click on Wi-Fi (click on the text, don't toggle it). From there, press the MENU button on your Galaxy, and click ADVANCED in the menu that appears. Uncheck the box for Auto (or Smart) network switch.--If it's *not* there, try:Go to SETTINGS, then tap the CONNECTIONS tab, then tap WI-FI.Tap MORE in the top right corner.Press the MENU button, and click ADVANCED in the menu that appears.Tap Auto (or Smart) network switch to disable the feature.--OR...Go to SETTINGS, then tap CONNECTIONS, then tap WI-FI.Tap Auto (or Smart) network switch to disable the feature.--OR...Go to SETTINGS, then tap WI-FI, then tap MORE.Tap Auto (or Smart) network switch to disable the feature.--If it's not in ANY of those places, please confirm for me which version of Android you're running and I'll try to find where Samsung hid it!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already returned it UPS this morning...and the solution was very easy but I hate how they worded it..all you had to do was turn your Mobile Data signal off. but they didn't even mention mobile data ..,they called it "disable the auto network"...hey you're the expert ..I'm calling customer service in 5 minutes to make sure no one gets a penny out of this fiasco..but thanks for the advice if I ever need it..this isn't one of those times but you sure were nice enough about ...after the call..making sure I head to the bank to stop payment.I mean was Tim's and marc's pathetic attempy really worth 27.00? Tim even stated in the first sentence he didn't know anything about Alexa and asked if it was a bluetooth device.If you're an Amazon prime member,they automatically send you thee app to your phone. Thanks eric..well you learned something today..I knew it had to be something much easier than what you prescribed.
I'm sorry that I didn't reach you sooner and was unable to help. I will also alert's customer service team to your refund request.