Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

My name is***** issue is regarding connecting my new laptop to a N

Customer Question

My name is Kris. My issue is regarding connecting my new laptop to a Netgear router 108 Mbps Wireless Router WGT624v4. When I try to select my Netgear router, it asks for the security pin to entered. I use the security pin located on the bottom of the router, however, I keep getting an error message stating that it is a mismatch. Other wireless devices connect fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. Sorry for the delay in responding the first time. My issue was described above. What other information can I provide to help?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Since entering a security PIN is not working, please check if you see the "Connect using a security key instead" option shown at the same screen that is asking you to enter a security PIN.I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well, of course, I found my issue before I received your answer. If you could be so kind as to not charge me the full amount, I would be most appreciative!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
No problem. I will transfer your request to the JustAnswer customer service. Regards,IT Miro