Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I am running Windows 10, and trying to get a Brother printer

Customer Question

I am running Windows 10, and trying to get a Brother printer working wirelessly. I am using a Monoprice Networking USB 2.0 print server to connect the printer to my network, and am trying to add the printer through Devices and Printers.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Just that I originally set up the printer on wireless under Windows 7, and it worked. It kept working on Windows 10 for a while, but after I did a reinstall of Windows 10 to fix another error, I get the "cannot print a test page" message.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell me the model of your Brother printer.I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry for the delay, I was investigating possible solutions.
My Brother Printer is HL-2240.
I have installed a direct USB connection to the printer, and it works.
I have put the printer on my home network using a Monoprice Networking USB 2.0 Print Server.
I have installed the software necessary to use the Print Server, and am trying to connect to the Brother Printer via the network.
I have been successful on one computer, put I have two others that I can't connect on. All are running Windows 7.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry! That's Windows 10 for all three computers.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the information!I can help you with the issue you described; however, since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a secure remote session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly.Let me if you would like that.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This would cost $26?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.
Yes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If it's not a problem, I would like to try some more things on my own. I may have made some progress since I first asked my question.
I believe I'm still on a free trial?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.
Sure, you can continue to try to solve the problem on your own, but I was under impression that you needed assistance with it; thus I replied here and offered my assistance.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, and thank you. Just a moment...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.
OK, let me know if you still need my assistance.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, I will.
In the meantime, am I still on a free trial?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.
Yes, it looks like you are.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, thanks very much. I will get back in touch if I need assistance.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.
OK.