IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

I am changing over to fibre broadband and this means using

Customer Question

I am changing over to fibre broadband and this means using a BT Hub 5 router instead of my netgear router. I have a WN3000RP extender but I can't see how to connect this to the new router
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I cannot add to my first message
JA: Anything else I can tell the Network Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.In order to use your WN3000RP extender with a new router, you will need to reset the extender settings and set it up the same way you did for your previous router. To reset it, insert a thin object, such as a paper clip, into the Factory Reset hole and hold it until the Status LED flashes. You can then take out the paper clip and wait for about 2 minutes. Go to your computer and scan for nearby wireless networks. You should see the one called "NETGEAR_EXT". Connect your computer to it and then start a web browser and type this web address: It will open the extender setup wizard, so follow the on-screen instructions to link your extender with your new router. Let me know how then went.Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.