Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer

I am using Postman (and Postal) to send a POST request to an

Customer Question

I am using Postman (and Postal) to send a POST request to an executable file on another computer. The executable starts up but hangs up when attempting to read the stdin (or std:cin) for the post data. Examining the stdin buffers, there is no data in them. I have setup IIS 6.1 and 7.0 with the same parameters and no joy. We have other CGI sites on both computers that work just fine. All the environment variables are set and read properly. Using an ethernet sniffer, the information going out is right and proper. The big question is what is wrong.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi Steven,First, to eliminate any possible communication protocol errors, try restarting all network equipment (routers, switches, firewalls, etc) at both sides. Then try again. Let me know if there is a positive result.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have rebooted the machines, stopped and restarted IIS, modified almost every configuration I could find for the virtual directory. I have done this on two machines, a Server 2008 (IIS 7.x) and Server 2008R2 (IIS6.0). I get all of the environment variables and if I use a ethernet sniffer I have verified that the correct information and format good. The receiver machines are in a server farm and I don't have direct access to them, I RDP to them to work on them. The acceptable verbs on the virtual directory is all. The only thing I can think of is that there is an issue with either IIS or POSTMAN but the data out looks right and proper.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Do you have full administrative rights using your RDP login for the receiver machines?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have God rights to both machines. I am willing to let you onto my computer if you think you can do something. $26 is cheap if you can solve this problem. I am available most any time.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
If you have God rights them I am afraid I'm out of options. I'll see if the other networking experts have any idea on this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am assuming that nobody else is able to address this issue.