Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

Bought an iPhone 6 and it says that I need a sim card. what

Customer Question

bought an iPhone 6 and it says that I need a sim card. what is this? Where do I get this? I also just bought a new car with onstar, is it better to get phone service or can I use the internet connection? When I get directions in the car is the time used the same as the time of the trip or is it just the time to load the destination? I do not use the phone often so can I just purchase min. or is this not a good option while traveling?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
Hi Shirley. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.When you purchase a new phone, cellular service is usually purchased at the same timethrough a carrier like AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile. When that's done you receive a SIM cardthat is inserted into the phone which then allows it to receive service from the carrier.Where did you purchase your phone?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
on line from Groupon it is a reconditioned phone
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
OK. Thanks. Was it sold as being an "unlocked" phone?If so, you can use any phone service provider you choose.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why am I being charged $35 additional please do this I only wanted to find out simple use questions and no more. forget that I asked anything.
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
OK. Call customer service at 1.***-***-****for a credit to your account.