Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I have been trying to get

Customer Question

I have been trying to get the SSID number with Netgear to set up a new wireless printer. I am 72 yrs, old and have no idea what they want, besides my money! I called the Geek Squad, They want $69. I called Netgear and they want $89. I just spent the last of my SS on this damn printer and no one will tell me what the SSID number is. Can you tell me how to get it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an HP computer ans just purchased an Epson Wireless printer. I have Netgeat through AT&T and Dish Network Satallite.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.The SSID refers to a wireless network name. Your HP laptop is probably connected to your home wireless network, and you now need to connect your printer to it. If you don't know your wireless network name, there is a way to check for it using your laptop. I can provide the instructions for you - just tell me which Windows version is installed there.It could be:- Windows XP- Windows Vista- Windows 7- Windows 8 / 8.1- Windows 10Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not need this service! Please cancel all of my information from your records! I did it on my own!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Cancelling now. Regards,IT Miro