Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Cogeco has advised that someone has attempted to gain access

Customer Question

Cogeco has advised that someone has attempted to gain access to our dlink router and that we should turn off tha access. to router and that their was a way to do that on your web site. Please advise us how to do this. Thank you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.If you have reasons to believe someone has connected to your D-Link wireless router and is using your Internet connection, you can change the current wireless network password. In case you don't use a wireless network, but connect to the router using a network cable, ou can disable the wireless network on the router altogether. Let me know what you would like to do and I will provide the instructions for you.I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.
Hello!Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.