Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Reference Item Using NETGEAR WiFi N300 Router Model WNR 2000v5Need

Customer Question

Reference Item Using NETGEAR WiFi N300 Router Model WNR 2000v5
Need help in connecting to the Internet with my HP Pavilion du6707us using Windows VISTA SP 2. I can only get local access on the above mentioned Laptop. But get excellent connection/speed ect, on my Desktop Compaq, on two Kindle HP, Asus PC, and Lenova Flex3 PC, along with 2 Brother Printers MFC-490cw and Brother MFC-J485dw.
Did not mean to take this much of your time with so much info. But I worked on some of the earliest Computers manufactured when we had to deliver the 220V power supplies with Fork Lifts. Been retired a LONG time and somewhat senile so please excuse.
Thanks *****
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.Are you attempting to connect the HP to the router wirelessly or with a network cable?I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both cable and wireless
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did U get my reply
Please, follow the instructions below on the problem computer while it is plugged into the router with a network cable:- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R- In the box that comes up, type: cmd- Click the Ok button.- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig- Press Enter Question #1: What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ping 4.2.2.3 Question #2: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?- In the black box, type the following and press Enter: ping red.com Question #3: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?