Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.

I am running Windows vista on an HP machine and am getting

Customer Question

I am running Windows vista on an HP machine and am getting an error code 10 on the microsoft 6to4 network adapter. Cannot connect to internet as a results. How do I correct this
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this first: Click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore, then the System Restore window should open. Then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check.

- If that does not work, click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Device manager, then click on the + (plus) sign in front of Network adapters in order to open / expand it, and right-click on each of the items under it and click on Uninstall and confirm (but don't check the box to delete the driver if shown). Then restart the computer, and it will automatically reinstall, then check.

- If that still does not work, when did this issue first occur? Is this an HP desktop or laptop?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.