Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I have a question with a Ubiquiti Nanostation M2? Ok SO I

Customer Question

Hi there ***** *****. I have a question with a Ubiquiti Nanostation M2?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ok SO I have an RV that I'm moving into And I purchased a Nanostation M2, so that I can use it as a "wifi-as-wan" device The premise is to connect it to various wifi hotspots as I travel and then broadcast that signal over it's ethernet port to my Asus router, and then wirelessly to my devices the idea is that I just connect my devices to my personal network oncea and only change the Nanostation's SSID when I want to change Wifi hotspots I have tried SOOO many configurations and nothing seems to work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Byron replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. I have a PicoStation M2 and after hours

and hours of trying different configurations, I can tell you unequivocally that Ubiquity devices will only connect wirelessly

to other Ubiquity devices. You internet source will have to come in to the device via the ethernet port.

Here's how I have the PicoStation set up (see attachment)