IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Suddenly my tv cannot connect to my wireless network. Every

Customer Question

Suddenly my tv cannot connect to my wireless network. Every other device in the house can connect. Can you help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There are two boxed; Netgear and Arris. Not sure which is the router.

The Netgear is probably the router. Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Jason, is this in addition to the $28 I have just paid?

Yes, that is correct. That will be the last fee.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not like this process. The site said that I would owe the $28 only if my problem was solved. Now it is an additional payment. I think I'll just cancel the Paypal payment and find help elsewhere.

I am sorry for the confusion.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. May I know if you still require assistance with this problem? We don't need to use a secure remote assistance session.

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. I do need assistance and feel that the process thus far has not been a good one. I am trying to get my Samsung Smart TV to recognize my wireless.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It has been working just fine until today.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

May I know if you have made any changes to your Samsung Smart TV or your router recently?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I have not. And all of my other wireless devices are working just fine. THe tv takes me to the screen that asks me to set up a wireless network, and then just stops. It says it is checking for wireless networks and then returns to the original Network settings start screen.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Please go to the Settings and then select wireless network. Does it list your wireless network name?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where will I find Settings?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Press the Menu button on your remote. In the Settings menu, select Network Settings. Then, select Wireless (General) and select Next. The TV should then list available wireless networks. Select yours and connect to it. Type the correct password ***** it is password-protected.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
WHen I press network settings it takes me to the same screen that states "The next step is to set up a wireless network. I cannot see the "wireless" option.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Please turn off the TV and then unplug the power cable from the electrical outlet. Leave the TV powered off for 2 minutes.

After that, re-plug the power cable and turn it back on.

Go to the Network Settings again and check if you can now see the "Wireless" option.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will do.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Take your time and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Same result. Any other thoughts?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Strange. I am not sure what caused this issue.

Let me check if there are new software (firmware) updates available. First, let me know the exact model of your Samsung Smart TV.

Next, check for the current software version installed on the TV. To do that, press the Menu button on your remote. In the Settings menu, select Support, and then select Software update. On the right side, check what it says for "Current version".

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
CUrrent Version is 002002
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

OK. Now let me know the exact model of your Samsung Smart TV. You can find it on the sticker on the back of the TV.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model # ***** *****
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I give up. if you need to remote in I will pay the $26
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the information!

I found an update - version 002004

Since you are experiencing problems with the current software version, I suggest updating to the latest version. Hopefully, the wireless network problem will be solved.

You will need to download the firmware file to your computer and then save it to a removable USB flash disk drive (thumb drive), and then connect it to your TV to apply the update.

You can download the firmware file on this link:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN46ES6580FXZA

Click on "Manuals & Downloads". In the Downloads section, click on DOWNLOAD (ZIP) to download the firmware file.

You can find the firmware update instructions there as well. Click on See More + below "DOWNLOAD (ZIP)" to download the "Upgrade guide (Firmware) ver.1.0" - DOWNLOAD PDF.

After the firmware update, check if you can access the wireless network.

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
okay. I will try that and be back to you. You have been very patient and helpful.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Take your time and carefully read the upgrade guide.

If you have any questions, I am here.

Hopefully, the firmware update will solve the problem.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.