Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I downloaded win 10 to my laptop, did not use flash drive to

Customer Question

I downloaded win 10 to my laptop, did not use flash drive to set password, forgot password. now cannot get into my laptop.
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me if you created only 1 user account or several.

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
frankly I do not know how many accounts I have with Microsoft, only one with you guys
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I mean, when you reach the Windows logon screen on your laptop, do you see only 1 user account listed, or several?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see not accounts right now I am on my desktop if you can connect to my laptop please do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe owner is my account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says I am not connect to web but I am sitting next to my router
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

In your original question description, you wrote "forgot password. now cannot get into my laptop", but now you say you are on your desktop. In order to access the desktop, you need to sign in with an account first.

So, are you able to access your laptop or not? Please provide more information about the problem since I am quite confused.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I am not on my laptop and I cannot get on the internet on the laptop windows 10 will do nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded win 10 to my laptop to check it out. I do not remember even creating a password ***** account. now my laptop responds to nothing I try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Miro I want to stop this session. I am not happy with your responses. I am sorry I do not have time to wait. Diane
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay.

Please do the following:

1. Completely shut down your laptop by pressing the power button for about 5 seconds, until it shuts down

2. Release the power button and wait for 20 seconds

3. Turn the laptop on by pressing the power button again

4. Once you reach the logon screen, let me know if it still asks you to enter the password. If yes, type here the Microsoft account (e-mail address) that is displayed there and I will assist you with the password *****

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

If you the password ***** ***** there, please type here the Microsoft account (e-mail address) that is displayed on the screen and I will assist you with the password *****

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,