Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I was trying to change the configuration on my belkin router

Customer Question

I was trying to change the configuration on my belkin router and received the following message "Duplicate AdministratorThis device is managed by currently!!"
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure its a little messy, I have been using an Apple Time Capsule and the Belkin N600 router to manage two networks in my house using different names. The signal strength of each wasn't hitting throughout my house so I bought an Apple Extreme to extend the wireless network from the Time Capsule. When I reset my whole network and have the Apple Extreme turned on and the belkin connected to that with a second network that I wanted to rename the SSID to something else because its functioning correctly and thats when I get the error
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 7 months ago.

That means the computer with the IP is already logged into the router's config page. If you can not access the computer with the IP to log out of the router to enable a different computer to log in to the router simply power cycle the router and that should end the session and allow you to log in to the router.