Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

We'll I'm trying to connect to my router on a second

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, we'll I'm trying to connect to my router on a second computer using my wireless adapter. It only let's me get on as a guest, therefore asking for a password. I have one for years written on the cd. I don't remember if I changed it, but it won't accept it.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Network Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Like what
JA: Our top Network Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Network Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Network Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your router?

What happens when you connect the second computer to your wi-fi/wireless network name (not to the guest name)?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tm822g
When I connect to my router via the wireless adapter, Cisco connect, the wireless asks for a password. I don't know if I changed it because whatever I put there doesn't work.I'm on a Dell tower. It's an xp windows.

There should be another device connected to the Tm822g modem device. Please check.

Also, can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check on your router's wireless / wi-fi password ***** through your computer for you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oh yes, I have another dell directly connected to the router.

The Arris TM822G device is not a router; the Arris TM822G device is a modem. Do you see if there is any other modem / router device connected to the device Arris TM822G? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cisco e2000

Thank you. Do you see the program called Cisco Connect or Linksys Connect on your computer?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check on your router's password ***** for you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you call me. It would be easier.

Sorry, I do live online support. It's easier and quicker for me to check directly through your computer for you as I will do all the steps for you. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, let's do it remotely then.

I'm sorry. Your payment failed; you may need to contact your bank / credit card to allow payment to JustAnswer.

Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=adf68353-1f2a-4dc2-a716-8fdeca0144b8&Type=Java

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry, it's a debit card. I gotta put more funds on it. That's why I didn't want the remote. Didn't know if I had the 26 .00 on it.

Sorry, that's okay; please ignore that. Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm using my cell. How do I get it to download on my computer.

Can you please open your email on the computer to see email messages from JustAnswer / Viet on your computer? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I can't get online.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can use the other computer. Would that help?

Yes, does the other computer have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Xp

Please check your email on the working computer. Please let me know. Thank you.

- On the working computer, can you please go to the short website below, so I can connect remotely to your computer and help you directly:

www.tinyurl.com/j5pgypz

http://www.tinyurl.com/j5pgypz

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Goodnight.

Can we continue tomorrow when you are available?

I can help getting your wireless / wi-fi password *****

Please let me know. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.