Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

I have an aspire m3470g desktop an am wondering can it

Customer Question

I have an aspire m3470g desktop an am wondering can it connect to a wifi network
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am thinking about perchacing a NETGEAR - AC1200 Wireless-AC High-Gain Wi-Fi USB 3.0 Adapter and would like to know if it is compatible with my system
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you this evening.

The Acer Aspire m3470g does not have integrated WiFi hardware, but you could easily add the capability by purchasing a WiFi dongle that will plug into any available USB port on the computer. Here is a link to a very basic such dongle that would do the job:

Once you've gotten that installed -- which really is as easy as plugging it in and running the included CD -- your computer will work with your new wireless network with aplomb.

I hope that helps answer your question! Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

If you are pleased with the quality of service I’ve given you, would you take just a moment to rate me? By doing so, you’ll help other customers by letting them know about your experience working with me, and your positive feedback allows me to be paid for the work I’ve performed. I greatly appreciate it, and hope you will reach back out to me if I can be of any further assistance to you!

How do I rate an answer?
You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates me for my time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that I will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for my answer.