Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

My name is ***** ***** Armstrong and my PS3 is telling me "A

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** Armstrong and my PS3 is telling me "A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the Security settings for the wireless LAN."
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just had wifi setup today in my house, my router is a Realtek RTL8723BE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jason,I know it's a Realtek router but I'm at work and unsure of the Model. I'm a fire fighter and I'll be here at the fire station until Thursday morning. So I won't be able to get you the model until Thursday. Thank you for your help.Gary

Hello Gary,

Thank you for the update.

I will be standing by.

- Jason

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Jason,My Brand is Realtek and the model is RTL8723BE

Hello Gary,

The Realtek RTL8723BE is your wireless card. It is not your router. Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Thank you,