Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

Should i replace my at home pc with a notebook or ipad so i

Customer Question

should i replace my at home pc with a notebook or ipad so i won't get viruses
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

What is it you will be doing with the new device? Just surfing the internet?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
plus getting on our online bank, facebook, email, looking stuff up., why?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my husband says i probly got virus from downloading "free windows 10 upgrade" from msn browser,(would that be true?) that's really an important question for me cuz he thinks he's always right no matter what
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

It is important to know what you want to do with the device in order to recommend which one you should use. If for example you said to use company software over a corporate VPN then an iPad would not be helpful.

As it stands, if banking, facebook, emails and the basics is what you wish to do, then an iPad is best. Not only because it stops viruses but its just a lot easier to use and maintain.

The download of the windows 10 upgrade in no way gave you a virus. If this was the case it would be all over the news. Microsoft do not get viruses into their upgrade packages.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you