Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

What network architecture and network equipment would be

Customer Question

What network architecture and network equipment would be best suited for a small office network that shares files, internet, printers/scanners, and other resources to about 5 work stations?
The company is a design and engineering company providing architectural and structural designs for residential and commercial buildings. The software that is used for designs is AutoCad. Microsoft office is also required.We are currently using a very basic setup that has a shared file on a USB capable wireless router. The workstations access the files on the USB drive through a mapped drive.We are concerned about internet security. We would also like to be able to access files remotely and I understand we would need a static IP.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I understand the description of your network. May I ask what your specific questions are? Are you looking for suggestions for routers, network drive access, remote file access, remote computer access, etc?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason