Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have cisco m10 wireless router that I have been using

Customer Question

I have cisco m10 wireless router that I have been using for 2 years. The wireless speed has slowed for the past few days. I tested modem internet speed its coming around 90mbps and wired (ethernet) router speed is coming around 90 mbps. But when I use wireless router connection the speed is coming around 5 mbps or less. I set router to different channels but still the speed is 5 mbps. I installed latest firmware. Is there anything else I can test to isolate the problem? I don't want buy to another wireless router until I know the issue is.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

You there?

Yes. I am here.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

you can start secure connection if you want to

After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Do you have any suggestions I can try before I buy new router?

My suggestion is to allow me to analyze your router setup and go from there. It appears that you declined the remote service.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I have troubleshoot the problem. There is lot of interference with 2.4 ghz signal as I have landline and other running on this specturm. I turned to 5 ghz it works fine. I used scanner that comes with mac to find optimal channel and different channels and others using mac scanner utility.

Thanks for help!

You are very welcome. Is there anything else I can help with while you have me here?