Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I need you to reconnect my blueray with my internet

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Kathy.

Are you able to access any other apps on it, such as vudu?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I tried entering my phone number but there is not enough spaces to include my area code. Yes I would like you to correct it by remote. phone number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I tried both vudu and utube
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

So what specific error message are you getting?
How far is the player from your router?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Network error LAN feature is invalid. The cable is not connected. Please confirm the connection of the cable.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The router is in the next room, but I never had any trouble with this until today. Ive had Netflix for more than 6 months.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Actually since last night, but I didn't contact Netflix until today
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

There are several possible causes of this issue, it could be a router problem, a need for a software update, or a hardware problem with the player itself.

That type of failure is extremely common, the internal wifi adapters on these players often overheat and fail with age/use, a frequent problem with the low quality brands like funai.

As a next step you'll need to plug the player into your router directly with an ethernet cable: http://amzn.to/21luPfl

and test for functionality/connectivity that way.

Let me know the results,

(Note, if you wanted to talk on the phone or get remote support, you need to accept the additional service offer that was sent, it is not automatic or included in the chat support session here).

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know how to do all this. I think I will just get a new dvd player and it wont be a funai. Do I have to pay the complete charge? the issue has not been resolved?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

I would not recommend a funai player either, they are built with the lowest quality parts possible and have very short lives. Yours is a 2013 model which is already well past the life we'd expect out of it.

I'd be happy to recommend a better quality player for you that will both be much more reliable and have many more apps and features: http://amzn.to/1U5TNjv

Regarding the payment, the steps provided will help to provide a resolution, but if you are unable or unwilling to try it, there isn't much more I can do for you at that point.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Kathy?