Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I have an Amazon TV Fire Stick attached to my television and

Customer Question

I have an Amazon TV Fire Stick attached to my television and have two problems: (1) sound continues but picture freezes on several times during a show and (2) My internet connection goes down and must be reset - sometimes more than once - when watching Netflix. Neither happens when I watch amazon shows. I do not want to give up Netflix because it has many more shows I like. If I can't find an answer, I will get a Roku or another device. Can you help me so I can stay with Amazon?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Marilyn.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

The fire tv stick is a very basic device, hence the entry level pricing. It is not as capable as the fire box for example which has more memory and processing power, so seeing some interruptions is not uncommon.

There are a few steps you can try to improve performance though:
Go into the fire setup menu and set the audio output format to pcm/stereo

Also run the software update function in the fire menu,

and lastly in the fire network menu change the dns server to 8.8.8.8

Let me know if that helps, and if not I can recommend some alternate devices for you that may work better.

Best regards,