Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have an Airport Supreme - which I believe is a wireless

Customer Question

I have an Airport Supreme - which I believe is a wireless router. I have just moved and have installed Bright House service. I need a password ***** the Airport in order to connect it to other devices….. my main computer works fine.
Can you give me my password.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

your referring to the password ***** your wifi network correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you get my password??
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thanks

On the Mac you can get this.

If you open /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access from within Finder, it will show you a list of stored entries. If you click the Kind column header, it will sort by kind, go to the section where AirPort network password *****are stored. On Yosemite, you may have to select "Local Items" rather than "login" under Keychains in the upper left.

Double-click the name of the network you are using (if you don't know the name of the network, you can find it in the WiFi menulet (the concentric quarter circles toward the right side of your menu bar).

Check the Show password box, enter your system password, and click the Allow button.

That should show you the password ***** the wireless network you are on.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please