IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Okay, I got a smart phone and couldn't connect to WiFi

Customer Question

Hi - Okay, I got a smart phone and couldn't connect to WiFi because I didn't know my password ***** I tried to reset my Cisco E1000 router to the default password ***** pushing reset button, then disconnecting power and plugging back in. I can connect to Cisco39386 on phone now. So is everything good with my computer and phone connection???
Thanks.
Kristi
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

It looks like you have successfully reset your Cisco router back to default settings. You can now use the default WiFi password, which is usually the one written at the bottom side of the router. Once you connect your phone to a WiFi network, the connection will stay, so you don't need to do that again.

As far as your computer goes, verify that you can access the Internet there since it could be that you used the previous WiFi password ***** which is now replaced with the default one. So, in case you cannot access the Internet on your computer, just re-connect it again, using the default password.

However, if your computer is already connected to the Internet, then you are all set and don't need to worry about connecting it again.

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,