Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Lost password surfboard SB6141 have new laptop can't get on

Customer Question

lost password ***** motorolla surfboard SB6141 have new laptop can't get on internet
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Computer requesting router password (that I lost) to connect to internet to set up/use mew laptop
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Network Technician should know?
Customer: New Dell laptop trying to connect to internet via router but I need password ***** sure what else is required
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is the computer you are using now on this page connected wirelessly?

And is it a Windows computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer I am using is not wireless, our phones are and the new laptop we want to set up is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the router is running off our desktop
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. The 6141 is a cable modem. What kind of wireless router are you using?