Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Networking
16433418

We got a new modem and I can not get my Panasonic blue ray

Customer Question

We got a new modem and I can not get my Panasonic blue ray player to connect to my wifi. I can't find a PIN number on my modem, and it whatever Wi-Fi Direct is.... It's not finding anything. Any help would be huge:)
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have a computer there connected to your WiFi network ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a laptop. It is not hard wired to the modem.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

We can get the WiFi password ***** that laptop. What version of Windows are you using on the laptop ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know my Wi-Fi password.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You can connect the blueray play with the WiFi password. Did you try that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking in settings on my blue ray and no where can I find a place to enter my password. It asks for a PIN code, but it only allows me to put in numbers....
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

PIN is for WiFi direct. That is not what you want to do. You are connecting to your router/modem not to WiFi Direct (another device)

I will check the manual and get back to you

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Press the Home, select Setup, select Player Settings, select Network, select Network Setings, Wireless and does it recognize your WiFI network ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I figured it out. I was looking under the network tab and not the setup tab..... Network to me sounds like a good bet for a WiFisetup. Sorry
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad you figured it. I posted the answer above. WiFi Direct is to connect the blueray to your phone, tablet etc

Is it connected ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know about my phone & iPad, but my blue ray is now connected.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I mean WiFi direct is to connect the phone directly to your phone, tablet etc without the router. The connection you needed is Infrastructure (to router) and you did it now. It will stay connected from now on.

If you have any questions or if you need any help from me, please let me know. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate my service as OK Service or higher at top and click Submit.

Thank you

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Best Regards,

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

.