comp_audio
comp_audio, System Administrator
Experience:  20+ years experience working in many different networking environments, and I am eager to help you.
44312836

How do i retieve a lost password?

Customer Question

how do i retieve a lost password?
Category: Networking
Expert:  comp_audio replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to try and assist you today with your question. Please tell me what type of account are you trying to recover your password *****?

Are you still needing assistance with trying to recover a password?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My Belkin router password!!! i dont want a secure connection!! just how to reset or retrieve a forgotten password

Ok, please tell me what is the model of your Belkin router and I can send you the instructions on how to reset your router back to factory settings.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no thank you!!!!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
model#F9K1002V1 / SECURITY TYPE WPA / WPA2

I am confused, why say no thank you when you asked how to reset?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I HAVE TO GO PICK UP MY CHILD BE BACK REAL SOON

You can reset your Belkin router to a "Factory" state, like it was new out of the box by following these steps...

FIRST and important:

Here is the link to the user manual for your router in case you need it. Please go and download this first, and have it available before you do the reset. The instructions for the reset are on page 23.

1. Press and hold the “Reset” button for at least 10 seconds and then release it.

2. The lights on the Router will momentarily flash.

3. The “Router” light will begin to blink. When the “Router” light becomes solid again, the restore is complete.

At this point it is back to your factory settings.

Here is the site on doing this if you need with pictures.

http://belkin.force.com/Articles/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting_and_Tutorials/48/p?pubstatus=o

Please let me know when your back and if you have any further questions regarding resetting your Belkin router.

How did the router reset go?

Please understand that the time I spend helping my customers out are rewarded when they "Accept and Rate" my answers.

If the answer I have given does not solve the problem then please let me know so that I may further assist you.

This is the only way I get paid for my time and services I have offered to you. While your account is still charged by the company, it does not get credited to me until you accept and rate my answer(s) I have given you.

So please know, this is how I make a living and would very much appreciate your taking a few minutes to finish this out with me, or let me know if you need more help.

Thanks in advance.

Please come back and give me an update as soon as possible. Thanks