Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

Fire Stick became disconnected from my network. It give me

Customer Question

Fire Stick became disconnected from my network. It give me options of connecting with a button on my router or entering a PIN. I don't see any buttons on my router and when I take the PIN option, it tells me to use the button on my router. How do I reconnect?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Barbara.

In most cases, neither of these options works. Most routers don't support WPS (button) or PIN connectivity any longer because they aren't very secure.

What you need to do is just go into the network/wireless settings on the stick with the fire remote, let it scan for networks, pick your home wifi network name from the list, then type in the wifi password. If you need help determining that password ***** me know.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Did you need more help with this?