Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Trying to change or reset the password on my Tenda Router.

Customer Question

trying to change or reset the password ***** my Tenda Router. getting no where
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: we hooked up a new printer and now none of our other wireless devices are working. The password ***** thought was correct is not working
JA: Is there anything else the Network Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I'm aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

1. Open a web browser, type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, and then press Enter.
  2. Enter the current password ***** the router (the default password ***** admin) and then click OK.
  3. Click Advanced to access the advanced router settings.
  4. Click Tools at the top menu bar.
  5. Click Change Password located along the left side.
  6. Enter the current password ***** the Old Password box, then enter the new password ***** both the New Password and Confirm New Password boxes. Finally, click OK.
  7. Click OK on the popup message, confirming the password ***** The administrator password ***** the router has been successfully changed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, it wants a user name which is apparently not correct
Expert:  Josh replied 9 months ago.

the username is: admin

password: admin