Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Networking expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I forgot mij SSID and password of my Linksys E 1200 router.

Customer Question

Hi, I forgot mij SSID and password ***** my Linksys E 1200 router. The serial number is *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a SISCOLinksys router E 1200. I want to instal this router in an ather laptop and now they ask for a ssid and a password ***** i don't know them
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

Do you have another computer that is currently connected to this router via wireless?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I have only one laptop wireless connected at my router
Expert:  Chris L. replied 9 months ago.

Ok, try the following. Click HERE

That link should bring you to your routers log in screen, if it does not stop and let me know.

If it does get you in enter admin for the user name and admin for the password. If you get logged in click on the wireless tab at the top. On this page you will see your SSID.

Next click Wireless security and here you should be able to see or change your wireless password.

If you have trouble let me know.

Thanks,

Chris