Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

My router says I am connected to the internet, however when

Customer Question

I'm Nikish, my router says I am connected to the internet, however when I try to connect using my laptop or desktop windows says there is no internet.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My router is an Asus RT-N12+. I only have this router because it is a 3 in 1 router modem access point. I'm using a Static IP address to connect to the internet.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the Static IP Address on the router, or is it on the computer?

What is your internet source, cable internet? or satellite? or fiber-optic? or DSL/ADSL?

Try restarting your computer, of course.

Is the modem separate from the router? if so, then first power down both of them. Then wait 5 minutes. Then power On just the modem. Wait 5 minutes, then power On the router also.

Then 2 minutes later, see if the internet is usable.

Let me know how it goes from there, and the other information I need on the basic setup. Thanks.