Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I'm struggling with my TC and internet connection. I have an

Customer Question

Hi Mike. I'm struggling with my TC and internet connection. I have an ISP modem connected by ethernet to the TC. I seem able to run backups, using the TC IP address, but I have to switch if I want to get internet access.
Things I've tried:
run a hard reset for the TC
powered down both the modem and TC for over 20 mins
tried setting change to Off(Bridge)
I should add that all this used to work (albeit after a lot of effort) but recently I noticed the the backup wasn't working and hence the tinkering.
Any suggestions?
Thanks - Mark
Category: Networking
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hey Mark, Can you please give me more info, I'm sure a TC is some network back up device, but if you could give me the full model, it would make it easier. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - Sorry, Tim.Its an Apple Time Capsule.http://www.apple.com/au/airport-time-capsule/specs/Its connected to an iinet provided modem, by ethernet cable.Mark
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Ok Mark, and are you on a PC or Mac? It might be easier for us to set up a call for me to help you troubleshoot this IE figure out if its even working. I have long distance. If not, thats fine i'll just need to keep asking questions and it wont be as precise.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Mark i will be back and forth for abit tonight, and want to help you. Its US here, so opposite time. Again, if we can get on the phone, I think we can track it down faster.