Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Your welcome. My name is ***** ***** my father lives down

Customer Question

Hi, and your welcome. My name is ***** ***** my father lives down the road from me and he has internet. Well he decided to buy 2 RT-N12 3in 1 Routers Wireless-N300 to see if i could get onto his internet signal. Well it worked but now I'm wondering if I took the 2nd router over to my house and hooked it up would I be able to get on to the internet from the down stairs?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Cody replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 9 months ago.

As long as there is a strong enough signal you can turn the 2nd router into an access point and your computer can connect to the 2nd router which will then point to the 1st router.

Expert:  Cody replied 9 months ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.