hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Techician since 2007
40928634

I made my 5g network undiscoverable and I cannot find it

Customer Question

I made my 5g network undiscoverable and I cannot find it after forgeting it in Win 10
JA: Networking issues can get really frustrating, but I know just the Network Technician to help you. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have an arris router from Time Warner and the 5G network does not appear in the list of networks I can access
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Network Technician should know?
Customer: My phone finds it just fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 9 months ago.

Hello there please open a web browser on this computer that you're using to talk to me and type in the IP address of the router.

You will be presented with the router log in page. Try admin as the username and password ***** the password. If no luck then try 1234 for the password ***** even try leaving the password *****

Once you are connected to the router's admin page you can go to the wireless set up and activate the SSID again which will make your router discoverable again.

If you still have no luck, you can reset the router which will return it to the factory settings using the passwords which should be on a label on the rear or bottom of the router. When you do this, any change to the router that you have made such as changing the password ***** be lost.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is in windows 10 not in the router everything else/all other devices have no problem finding this device. At one point I forgot the 5G side. Now I never see it except on other devices, I tried changing the name and everything. Even whitelisting only my mac address. If I was in Win 8 or below I would just manual connect but Win 10 does not allow that unless you can see it in the wireless bar
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is a rip off you guys won't last long

Hello sorry for the delay in replying but I am in South Africa.

Please go into the Wifi adapter Properties than Update Driver "Browse my computer for driver software" and "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" Pick the option for your adapter and the 5GHz wifi

Don't let Windows use the default driver otherwise it'll tell you that the driver is already installed. You must choose the "Let me pick from a list".

Please report back