Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I cant get my pc or iPhone to view my dvr security cameras,

Customer Question

I cant get my pc or iPhone to view my dvr security cameras
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a bunker hill 8 camera security system nd I cant view it from my iPhone or PC
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Network Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. I need to ask a few more questions please. Are you trying to view your camera's remotely from outside of your home? Also, did this just happen suddenly and had the system been working okay prior to this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No... New system. I want to view from my cell when I leave my house. My Bunker Hill security system DVR is connected to my Verizon wifi modem. I tried inputting all the information into the DVR... IP address, etc when I followed all the direction from the security system but nothing seems to work.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

The first thing you will need to do is to verify that you have a static IP address. You can do that by contacting your internet service provider. In order to view your system remotely, you will need what is referred to as your public IP address. That along with a few other pieces of information input into your cell phone, will allow you to view your system. Let me know when you find out if IP address is static or not/