Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have just received a Lenovo tablet as a gift and am unable

Customer Question

I have just received a Lenovo tablet as a gift and am unable to connect it to my home wifi. It looks as though it's connecting and then I get an "authentication error" message. I've tried it several times. I live in Sydney, Australia, and would love some help! Thanks.
Susannah
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 10 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
iinet. That's all I know!

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. No remote assistance. I just need general information on how to connect. Thanks.

Okay. In order for me to give you information that will help, you have to answer my questions. I asked you for the brand and model name of your router. Your response was, "iinet". What does that mean? Is iinet your provider?