Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

How do I get a password Netgear router? I got a new Samsung

Customer Question

How do I get a password ***** my Netgear router? I got a new Samsung tablet and I can't get wifi because I can't remember the password ***** there is no "forgot password" option to reset.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Netgear router?

Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please click on the website below:

http://192.168.1.1

, then it should give you a login prompt, then enter admin for the username, and enter password for the password

, then click on the option Wireless Settings, then if prompted to check / update firmware, click on Cancel

, then you will see your passphrase / key there; that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

- If there is any issue, please check at the back / bottom of your Netgear router device for the model of it (there also may be a password ***** key there), then let me know.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you,

How is it going? Do you still need help with this?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further.

Thank you.