Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

Trying to find an easy way to convert 7905g to sip by

Customer Question

trying to find an easy way to convert 7905g to sip by updating the firmware. I have a tftp server setup running on a laptop. I have change the tftp server reference in the phones firmware. then I restart the phone, but it doesn't update to the new firmware
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: trying to update the firmware on a cisco 7905g to the sip version
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Do you still need assistance with this?

You can push the tftp address using the dhcp server.

In the dhcp server you need to define the tftp address in option 66/67. This will cause the phone to look for the config files etc in the tftp server on bootup. There should be a default config file name which the phone would look for and load on bootup.