Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

We have Time Warner Cable wifi, and my roommate has a

Customer Question

Hi,We have Time Warner Cable wifi, and my roommate has a hotspot a guest uploaded to our systems...
We are having issues with devices connecting to the hotspot rather than the wifi, and files are getting crossed and multiplied, phones and laptops are crashing, we also have a cloud, a soundcloud, bluetooth, dropbox, onedrive, etc.
We want our devices to all connect to the wifi, what would be the best way to achieve this?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 9 months ago.

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Is the hotspot located on your router, or on a different router? There are two options I see here:

1. Removing the hotspot from the router (if you have access to the router and it is ok to get rid of the hotspot).
  2. Set your devices to no longer connect to the hotspot (I can walk you through either).

Please let me know what access you have / which option you would prefer?

Cheers,

Gary