Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

What are the settings to maximize download speed on a Vizio

Customer Question

What are the settings to maximize download speed on a Vizio TV from Time Warner Cable? I have a 200Mb Ethernet download speed on my computer but 400kb/s when I hook up to my Vizio TV using the same cable
Category: Networking
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

The first thing I would check is that there is no mismatch between the router and the TV eithernet ports. For example, a 100mbit port on the TV with the router trying to force it to gigabit. That will give you an extremely low number as some packets will slip through, but that's about it. You can usually tell this easily by the lights on the router ports. That's the first thing I would check.