Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

I just want to know if I can see what internet sites any

Customer Question

I just want to know if I can see what internet sites any mobile, computers or devices connected to our wi-fi using a netgear evg 2000
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've logged into my router panel, And it doesn't give the sites, just jumbled up numbers. Example: http://10.0.0.138/ like[DHCP IP: (10.0.0.10)] to MAC address C0:CC:F8:9D:0D:E2, Sunday, Feb 14,2016 16:25:39
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Basically, I just want to know if I can track my kids internet history using our wifi since they delete their history on their computer. I saw online that this was something that I might be able to do and I found the log on my router admin page but it wasn't websites or a log or anything. Is there any way I can do that?
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

What this is showing you is what IP addresses have been assigned to each computer. Most routers so not keep a log of sites visited - in fact, those that do (usually business firewalls) have logs that are cimberrom to pour through. It's not nearly as easy to accomplish as it seems it should be. The challenge is that the counter actually makes thousands of outboint connections in a minute. Even connecting to a single web page causes hundreds of connection requests for elements of a page. So it is generally just not practical to do. And home routers don't have the capacity to strore the logs that would result.

But there are various softwares you can run like Net Nanny that will restrict and track child behavior on the computer itself.

And that is something they cannot delete.