Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

I cant get internet service on my ipad and it show no

Customer Question

i cant get internet service on my ipad and it show no service, but its shows connected to my internet provider
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 9 months ago.
  • Hi,

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

You will need to determine if this is a firmware or hardware issue.
  • If it is a hardware issue then the only option will be to get it repaired at an Apple store or repair center. If the iPad is less than 12 months old you can get this done under the Apple warranty.
  • The only option to rule out the firmware in the iPad will be a factory restore using iTunes.

Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPad.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it did not work i was still unable to shut off my ipad location in order to connect to itunes to restore. Any other suggestions

You can go to icloud.Com and sign in with your Apple ID and disable find my iPhone there.