Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I am ***** *****. I am trying to install a wifi adapter on

Customer Question

I am ***** *****. I am trying to install a wifi adapter on my desktop pc... application failed to initialize 0xc0150002... am at a loss
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a wf2190.. ac1200 dual band adapter i am on the sky broadband router.. without the wsp button tried to install the drivers over and over but no joy just restart.. then get "application failed etc.."
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Are you getting your driver from here: http://www.netis-systems.com/en/Downloads/Details/?id=904

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hi byron,
Yes, thats where i got the drivers. Now I am managing to also install them from the cd-rom... but every time i try and reboot it goes back to the 'application failed to initialize...etc' again! the application box is called 'RtWLan.exe'
I think those drivers are installed now, but just wont initialize.. i give up...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
A short while ago, i thought i had sussed it out. it all seem to go smoothly - even saying it could see networks - so i chose the correct one.. and entered all the correct SSID and WPA key etc.. but then just said 'couldnt connect to the network.. will keep trying..'
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ahhh so when you click on the 'Netis' icon short cutty thing, on the desk top, it gives the same error message 'failed to initialize...(0xc0150002).. '
Expert:  Byron replied 9 months ago.

What's important is that the adapter show up in Device Manager. Hold down the Windows logo keyu (just to the left of the Alt key and press R. In the Run box type: devmgmt.msc and click OK.

In the Device Manager window expand the entry for Network Adapters. You should see the adapter listed.

Right-click on it an select Properties. In the Status windows it should say "this device is working properly"

If that is the situation you should be able to see and connect to your wireless network.

Once the driver is installed and the adapter working properly there's no need to click on any icon or shortcut.