Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I took my laptop (W7-W10) to daughter's house with NETGEAR

Customer Question

I took my laptop (W7-W10) to daughter's house with NETGEAR WN3000RPv2 router. Now I'm home with AT/T router. Before I surf I am asked to input user and password ***** NETGEAR route. I don't need NETGEAR router. How do I get rid of NETGEAR stuff? jb sun
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Network Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Network Technician should be aware of?
Customer: 401 Authorazation prevents me get online.
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

You may be trying to get on the wrong wireless network, check and make sure you connecting to your home router.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At home, I access to web site with AT/T router. Days ago I visited my daughter's house with NETGEAR WN3000RPv2 router. With knowing her password ***** surfed web no problem. Back home I am experiencing '401 Authorization' (from NETGEAR router hundred miles away)). Why can't I access to my home AT/T router for internet any more?Computer OS: Windows 7
Browser: IE
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Because you are probably not connected to your home router, please go to wireless properties and reconnect to your at&t router